The Writing Program's first-year course offerings include
- Expository Writing 20 (Expos 20)
- Expository Studio 10: Introduction to Expository Writing (Studio 10) and
- Expository Writing Studio 20 (Studio 20).
Students can satisfy the first-year writing requirement through the Writing Program's courses in any of the following ways:
- one semester of Expos 20
- one semester of Expos Studio 10 in fall term followed by one semester of Expos 20 in spring term
- one semester of Expos Studio 10 in fall term followed by one semester of Expos Studio 20 in spring term.
The Writing Exam, which every incoming first-year student takes during the summer before fall courses begin, allows the Writing Program to advise students about whether they should enroll directly in Expos 20 or whether they would be better served by enrolling first in Expos Studio 10.
Expos 40: Public Speaking Practicum
In addition to Expository Writing courses for first year students, the Writing Program offers a Public Speaking Practicum (Expos 40), open to undergraduates in their first through senior year, by application.