Spring 2017 Expos 20 Sectioning Information for Students
Students may begin entering Expos section preferences in my.harvard at noon on Wednesday, January 25. The sectioning program is scheduled to close at 11:59 p.m. on Friday, 1/27/17.
When the sectioning tool is open and set to accept rankings, a red gear icon will appear to the right of the placeholder Expos course in the student's Crimson Cart/Enrolled Courses section of my.harvard. (See the example below. Screen shots from http://about.my.harvard.edu/faq/sectioning-students.)
Add sections to your choices by clicking on the + sign. You may move your choices up or down by clicking on the up arrow or down arrow. (See an example of the sectioning page, below.)
- Expos 20 students must rank exactly NINE sections of Expos 20, in order of preference.
- You may add or delete sections from your choices.
- Please be sure to make your selections before the program closes at 11:59 p.m. on Friday, January 27.
- After making selections, click the Submit button.
After submitting your Expos section preferences, the following confirmation should appear on your screen.
Students may re-select and re-order their preferences as many times as necessary while the sectioning program is open. Please visit the Sectioning Preferences page of the my.harvard Knowledge Center for additional information. When the program runs the assignments, the software will consider the most recent selections that were successfully submitted.
- Sectioning is not done on a first-come, first-served basis, so the system does not take into account the time and date you selected your preferences. The program is designed to maximize the number of top- choice placements, but it cannot guarantee that all students will be assigned to their first or second choice of section.
- Students will be notified of Spring 2017 Expos assignments via email on the evening of Saturday, January 27.
- Expos classes begin on Monday, January 30.
Please be aware that the Expository Writing listings on the website courses.cs50.net are not always accurate. Please check the listings in my.harvard and on the Writing Program’s website for the most up-to-date information on current course offerings (http://writingprogram.fas.harvard.edu/).
Please remember to submit your preferences by the deadline (Friday, January 27, 11:59 p.m.)!
- If you have technical problems with the sectioning tool, please email email@example.com.
- If you have any questions about the sectioning process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit the Harvard College Writing Program website for up-to-date course information, announcements, and answers to frequently asked questions: http://writingprogram.fas.harvard.edu.